No linear interpolation for MIDI pitch bend

Ardour does linear interpolation for pitch bend values in MIDI files and it shouldn’t.
If I set the pitch value, I want all notes afterwards to be played with that pitch value and not slowly change towards the next value…
Actually I think the way Ardour does it is more usable than the standard but then it is incompatible with other MIDI programs…

Edit: Oh no, life gets even worse…
Now I’ve tried to work around that by surrounding each constant pitch interval with pitch messages of the desired value (for instance, set pitch to 8192 at 1s and 2s so that I get a constant pitch value of 8192 in between even if Ardour does linear interpolation) but it doesn’t hit the desired pitch value…

Edit 2:
Even if I repeat the desired pitch value at the beginning of the constant interval, Ardour ignores the subsequent values if they are the same… I have to put 8192, 8193, 8192 to make it work.

I don’t think you can generalize this. You can change the behavior: right-click on the “Bender” automation-track header and change “Mode” to “Discrete”.

I stand corrected.
Thank you!
:slight_smile:
(I think the over/undershoot is still a bug, I will post further details when I get to it)