I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Monterey and now I don’t see any activity in the input meters, and no sound is recording.
Prior to the OS upgrade, Ardour was working well. Projects using “recording” template would automatically connect the inputs to tracks. Now, it appears that the same connections are made in the routing grid, but the actual audio doesn’t appear in the recording meters, or at the track.
- Metering at the audio interface shows appropriate audio levels
- Audio input works in Garage Band, so it doesn’t appear to be a systemic issue
- Older session with existing audio successfully outputs to the interface, but it doesn’t record because of this issue.
Anyone have ideas about why the input audio stopped working? Have suggestions for next troubleshooting steps?
Are there any security settings that need to be set or updated in Monterey?
Thanks in advance for the help!
Which version of Ardour are you using?
It wasn’t until Ardour 6.9 that Ardour asks for permissions to access the microphone.
When launched (the first time) there should be a popup window by macOS which allows you to grant permissions to an application to do that.
Check Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone.
See if Ardour is listed there as application. The setting applies to all, the built-in microphone on your Mac, an external USB mic, or the inputs on an external audio interface.
Thank you! I’m using Ardour 6.9. It was the permission issue. I didn’t see the older install in the Privacy → Microphone list. I installed a new Ardour instance and then I was able to manually grant the new one the required permissions in the Privacy settings.
Thanks again! I’m back in business!
This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.