No Aux Sends to the Master bus?

Heyo,

Is there a ‘technical’ (or other) reason why one cannot add an Aux Send directly to the Master bus?
~I might enjoy that additional flexibility in some contexts. :grin:

Thanks,
-J

The only technical issue I can think of would be solo/mute propagation.

There are however various conceptual issues, notably sub-group busses, as well as GUI show sends logic that are at odds with this.

It’s been a while since I worked on Mixbus “master bus assign” (which basically is a send to the master), and that was rather extensive. Mixbus mute/solo logic is entirely different.
Mixbus also makes this easier because the master bus there is always stereo.

–

You could however just add an aux bus, call it f.i. “main” and use it as return for all your direct sends. Then just connect that to the master-bus.

1 Like

You can add an “External send” and connect it to the master bus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.