Newby: where does a bounced range go to?

Hello,

Greetings from Newbyville.

How do I set the destination when I bounce a selected region? I am attempting to use the option to “Bounce range to region list with processing”. When I use this on a region, the new region shows up in the Regions list in the most unexpected places. Ideally, I would like to have the bounced region become another region (sub-region?) for the same track it was taken from. Or may be send it to a newly created track.

I hope this is making some kind of sense to somebody out there. It’s late, I need to get to bed. I’ll be checking in tomorrow morning.

Version: Ardour 2.8-4918
Distro: Ubuntu Studio 9.04
Kernel: Linux opc-studio 2.6.24-24-rt #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Wed Apr 15 16:33:12 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks,
opc

You can always bounce to a new track, by recording the outputs of one track to the inputs of another.

You can also sort the region list so regions don’t show up at random places;)

But right now you can’t have it become a sub region, the reason being that ‘sub-regions’ are actually all regions based off the same WAV file on the hard drive, and when you bounce with effects you are creating a brand new region on the hard drive.

Seablade

Thanks Seablade. I like the idea of connecting a source track to a new track and recording to it. It’s simple and obvious, I should have thought of that.

Cheers,
opc