newbie daft question

Hi Guys.
I’m very sorry if this seems a stupid question, but Ive downloaded the manual, and I’m having a mental block on doing this.:-

I’m running Mandriva 2010.0 x86_64 with ardour V 2.8.4.
I’m trying to take a low level .wave file and filter it and amplify it up to normal levels and send the output top a .wave file.

So, Ive got ardour running with jackeq, using jackconnect to take the o/p from ardour ( .wav file being played) though jackeq
then to the system devices,
But I also need to record what I’ve filtered, and I’m not sure how to do this.

Its an important task for me ,as its a recording of my boss in a meeting with me ,just about breaking all the employment laws, before making it impossible to work for him or anyone else. I need to make the recording usable in court, so I need to filter out all the background rubbish.

many thanks

Richard

That should be fairly easy. Just create a new track in Ardour, connect the outputs of jackeq to the inputs of that track, enable recording on the track and then record. That way you create a region in the new track with the filtered signal. Now you just have to export from Ardour (mute the original track first!) to a new wave-file. Unless I missed something important that should be pretty much it.

Kevin

Rather than routing out to jackEq, you’d probably find it simpler to insert an EQ ( and / or other plugins) directly on the track to which you’ve imported the wav file - there are lots of eqs available (the jackeq page says it uses SWH’s DJeq internally, so you could use a couple of instances of that if you wanted) - I quite like that 10-band C* eq (but I use that for music; it might be too gentle for your purposes).

Anyway; just put the plugins on your track and when you’ve got it sounding how you want, just File/Export the session to a new wav file at the rate and bit-depth you want, not forgetting to route master out 1 to the left and master out 2 to the right hand side of your wav file (if it’s stereo, of course).

HTH

You could also use Audacity which is probably more suitable than Ardour for this type of task.