New User Questions

Howdy all. New MixBus user here. Love the sound, but the a number of features are a mystery and documentation seems slim to none.

1. Plugins: When I Ctrl+click it toggles the plugin red and white. What does this mean? When I Shift+click it turns red but doesn’t toggle back to white. Again, what is this doing???

2. Where can I see and/or set the bit depth???

3. IRC looks interesting, but I can’t make heads or tails out of how to use it. How does one post something or ask a question???

Many thanks,

doubleg

1) Plugins: When I Ctrl+click it toggles the plugin red and white. What does this mean? When I Shift+click it turns red but doesn't toggle back to white. Again, what is this doing???

You are selecting/deselecting it.

NOTE: CTRL+Click is not the same as RightClick. RightClick will bring up a menu of options.

2) Where can I see and/or set the bit depth???

The Options Menu>Audio File Format>Sample Format

3) IRC looks interesting, but I can't make heads or tails out of how to use it. How does one post something or ask a question???

Type it in? :wink: NOTE: IRC depends on people actually being awake, which isn’t always the case. If you ask something and don’t get an immediate response don’t panic. If you hang around when someone wakes up they will try to answer it if they know the answer.

Seablade

Thanks Seablade.

Is there a way to bypass/unbypass a plugin with a mouse click, or can I only do this in the dropdown menu?

Re: IRC, type it in seemed obvious to me, but I’m not able to do so. Hit the keys and nothing happens. Probably missing something, very basic, but I can’t figure out what it is.

Appreciate your help.

@doubleg: You should be able to switch the bypass state of a plugin with a middle click.

Regarding IRC: I just took a look at this webchat. For people who are not familiar with IRC it might not be that obvious what to do. If you accidentally click somewhere in the window the text entry field gets deactivated and nothing can be typed. If that happened you have to reactivate it by clicking in the text enty field (wich isn’t that easyly distinguishable in this webchat) right at the bottom of the screen.