New FST very exciting...What about Wine Window Nesting?

Hello,

I’ve been reading with great interest about the many positive changes around the corner regarding VST support. In the current implementation VST Windows in WINE versions beyond 0.9.52 or so do not “nest” properly so if you open a VST Window in a session and close it it disappears until you restart the session. This is extremely annoying and for all the hard work and hours that have gone into improving VST support is the Wine issue being taken into consideration?

In my small distro I am no longer running ArdourVST because I can’t distribute it, Does anyone know the current status of this Wine issue?

Also DSSI-VST will run 32bit plugs in a 64bit system, will the new and improved Vestige/FST VST Support also be able to?

The latest Ardour2 from svn has VST support through the vestige headers, so no more hasseling with the Steinberger license.

I tried it with wine 1.1.10 and had no problems using and reopening the VST plugins, though some of them, like the ones from greenmachine, makes Ardour go up to 95% CPU when you stop it or it hits the end marker.

peder,

Thanks for sharing that info.

Yes, I also can confirm this! While in previous versions in Ardour VST appeared in separate window and Ardour crashed when I closed VST, now in SVN version everything works with no problems! Wine 1.1.15. Also categorizing of VST plugins got better. Great work!