New AVL-Drumkits Buskman's Holiday Percussion Kit

Really good job!!

This could be a step forward in the direction of an acoustic drum kit. In the future…

Noticed it in today’s update. Thank you Robin, very much!

Just tagged v0.7.2 which features the rug really ties the room, uhm kit, together. :slight_smile:

Available from x42 AVL Drumkits Enjoy!

6 Likes

Somehow this latest release tarball on Github ended up containing a directory avldrums-lv2-0.7.0, not 0.7.2 like the release has been numbered. Not sure how this happened, but it breaks building the rpm package in Open Build Service.
I can of course fix the rpm specfile to work around this, but I thought I rather should point out this issue here, assuming that some version string seems to not have been updated somewhere Github looks at when packing the release?..

Video Demo with both Buskman and Blonde Bop.

2 Likes

I don’t see this here, perhaps a temporary glitch at github? Can you elaborate, perhaps at Issues · x42/avldrums.lv2 · GitHub (or IRC later)?

Ah, stupid me! I made an error at updating my download service script…
Sorry for the noise, all fine now

I am thankful-- really satisfied with this.

That stereo image/mix is funky with the cajón, tho’. If it’s the same side on the box being slapped, no way is the stereo split that wide in real life :smiley: Artistic licensing, ehh… Big up, you all.

I’ve enjoyed poking at the kit, too.
Re: the stereo image / panning:
Unless you are using only a pair of widely-spaced overheads, the stereo image of any normal drumkit is pretty synthetic. Close mics for hi-hats and toms are panned “to taste”, for instance, with some mixers preferring “drummer’s perspective” (HH to the left side, for a RH drummer, and toms spread from center to right), while others prefer “audience perspective” (completely the opposite). In addition, it is only convention that has e.g. top- and bottom-side snare mics panned the same.

I know of cajóns with rear-facing bass ports: I could imagine that one might mic that port separately from the front of the box: given two mics, one could choose to pan them separately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.