New and Updated VST Plug-Ins for Linux

So, it’s been a while, but just a quick heads-up - My company, Applied Computer Music Technologies (developer of the OverTone DSP Plug-Ins) has some new / updated plug-ins specifically designed for Linux. We wanted to update some of the GUIs to broaden the appeal and provide a more modern, stylistic view of the plug-ins. In addition, providing some alternative bundling options, ranging from the essentials plug-ins for those looking to make the switch to professional audio on Linux, or the ACM-SA and modular 500X-Series allowing anyone to create an ideal virtual analogue mixing environment within their (Linux) DAW of choice.

ACM-SA-640px

ACM500X-Series-640px

With more host applications now available for Linux, class-compliant device support - often right out of the box - and greater ease of set up, it’s never been easier to harness the power of Linux for world-class audio performance.

Available as VST and VST3 for Linux (Ubuntu 16.04LTS or later). More information, pricing and availability etc at: https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/index.html#ACM-SA-Series

4 Likes

I got the Essential set some time ago. But yes, they are full of quality. Btw it would be nice to see a dynamic eq and a plugin similar to Soothe for Linux. And why not better at the same time and only for Linux. Because Linux is something completely different

Top notch work as always Mike! Really great DSP for a more than reasonable price!

For the record all of these are included in the latest AV Linux 21.1 ISO as demos, thanks to Mike!

¡Fantastic job! I already own most of your plugins, is there any kind of upgrade fee for the new versions?

Update: The 500X-Series plug-ins for Linux now include the ACM530X1 stereo reverb plug-in.

ACM530X1-480px

The ACM500X Series and ACM-SA Series plug-ins provide a complete virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment for your Linux DAW of choice. Ideal for anyone wanting to make the switch to Linux for professional audio production. (Even if Linux is not your main operating system, with outstanding support for legacy hardware, it’s never been more cost effective to re-purpose older studio hardware to build a complete virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment). More information about the ACM-SA Series and 500X Series plug-ins at: https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/index.html#ACM-SA-Series

1 Like

Hi Mike,
“We wanted to update some of the GUIs to broaden the appeal and provide a more modern, stylistic view of the plug-ins.”
Nice text, but what do you want to say here? Really: We have just updated the GUI?
And: Which plugins are updated, does my old licenses still work or do I have to buy a new one e.g. for the ACM70SA if I own a license for the ACM70?
To be clear here, I bought several licenses and I’m really happy with your products, but I don’t find any information about which plugin is updated and what has changed and when did it change.

1 Like

Update:

Just released, the ACMT Ultimate Plug-Ins Collection for Linux.

“A comprehensive collection of some of the best analogue modelled plug-ins for Linux, transforming your digital audio workstation into a versatile virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment…”

ACM-ultimate-640px

The collection includes some of the best analogue modelled plug-ins for Linux, inspired by classic studio recording consoles and outboard equipment. Combine this with Ardour (or your DAW of choice) and you can build a complete virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment in your Linux PC with no additional hardware required.

Learn more at: www.acmt.co.uk

Pretty nice when you release new plugins. But you do not answer the previous question. It does not inspire confidence. I actually get the Essential collection, not so long ago. Would it really be good to know if I have to get everything new now if I want to upgrade to these new ones? I guess it’s usually a habit to offer old customers the opportunity to upgrade to new versions cheaply.

At the present time we don’t have an upgrade path as such - and if you’re happy with your original plug-ins and they still work well for you, you may decide there is no need - as they are still maintained and still very much part of the current product range. (At the time of the essential plug-ins bundle, these new plug-ins weren’t even in development).

However we do also offer other bundling options at different price points. For example, with your original plug-ins you are only missing the reverb, and for a small amount more than the reverb on its own, you could get the entire 500X-series channel plug-ins if you wanted. Please feel free to take a look at the various options on offer at www.acmt.co.uk/products/

Thank you for the clarification. I’ll probably be upgrading to new versions along the way, little by little. These are high quality.

May I jump in here again as well: Mike, could you please tell what the differences between eg. a ACM-2A and a ACM-2SA are? What do I get if I buy a new version?
As I already stated, there is no information regarding this on your website.
@Sojuzstudio Have you understood where the differences are?

At present the ACM2A and 2SA are built on the same DSP.

“…we wanted to update some of the GUIs to broaden the appeal and provide a more modern, stylistic view of the plug-ins. In addition, providing some alternative bundling / pricing options…”

Please feel free to contact us if you need any information about these or any of the company’s products.

Ok, thanks Mike. As I bought 7 ACM and one Overtone plugins, I hope that as soon as there are innovations in the plugins, we will get some kind of a up/crossgrade offer.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.