Never thought I'd make a "For Your Consideration" post, but...

So, yeah! Bone Walker - the album I posted about here some months ago - got recommended by a member of the Recording Academy for jury consideration for the Grammy awards. The track “Kitsune at War” got recommended for an arrangement Grammy too, separately. That was very exciting!

Now, I don’t know exactly how it works, but I did have to send several CDs to LA for the jury. I sent them - of course! Because the thing about being the darkest dark horse ever is you’re still in the goddamn race.

Still, I figured that was far as it would go, because these are industry awards, and yeah. But now the jury phase of the Grammy Awards process is over, and… to my surprise…

Bone Walker and “Kitsune at War” both made it past the jury and are on the Long List.

ROUND 2: FIGHT! O.O \o/ |o/ \o| /o/

So… if you are a member of the Recording Academy, I hope that you will give our music your consideration. If you know a member of the Recording Academy, I hope you will ask them to do so. And thank you very, very much.

Bone Walker:

“Kitsune at War”:

The blog post where I talked about this, and which has those links conveniently listed for sharing purposes, should anyone feel so moved (and thank you!):

http://crimeandtheforcesofevil.com/blog/2015/10/for-your-consideration/

That is so exciting!! Big big congratulations, solarbird. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Wow, cool! Best of luck!

Thank you, very much! I’m still kind of all “woah” and such. I mean, I lack anything like a “publicity budget” or “industry connections” or anything like that - I don’t even know anybody in the Academy, as far as I know - so I’m aware this is the last stop for me? But until it’s official, I’m still in the race! :smiley: