NAM Neural Amp Modeler Installation

I successfully built NAM, and have added the paths, they registered as being added but I do no see them in my effects. The NAM README states “Setting the model to use requires that your LV2 host supports atom:Path parameters. Reaper does as of v6.82. Carla and
Ardour do.” Is there some setting I have to adjust to see the plugin?

Have you restarted Ardour after installing the plugin (LV2 plugins are indexed at Ardour application start).

Other than that, check Ardour Menu > Window > Log and Ardour Menu > WIndow > Plugin Manager.

…or more generally run lv2ls on the commandline (which lists IDs of all installed LV2 plugins). Perhaps the issue is that bundle was not installed correctly to ~/.lv2 or /usr/lib/lv2.

Thank you for your response. So I have restarted Ardour. I looked at the logs but don’t see anyhting, but when I look at the plugin manager the LV2 neural loader is listed as stale, and the vst2.x nueral amp modeler.so is listed 3 times, twice as stale and once as error

So upon running lv2ls in the terminal, I have received

error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/RubberBandladspa-lv2/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/RubberBandladspa-lv2/manifest.ttl' lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/RubberBandladspa-lv2/manifest.ttl error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-ui-main/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory) lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-ui-main/manifest.ttl’
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-ui-main/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/x42-stepseq-8x8/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/x42-stepseq-8x8/manifest.ttl' lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/x42-stepseq-8x8/manifest.ttl error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/setBfree/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory) lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/setBfree/manifest.ttl’
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/setBfree/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/spectralsand (mud edition).lv2/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/spectralsand%20(mud%20edition).lv2/manifest.ttl' lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/spectralsand%20(mud%20edition).lv2/manifest.ttl error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-lv2/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory) lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-lv2/manifest.ttl’
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-lv2/manifest.ttl

What is that? That shouldn’t exist. If you’ve such a folder in your ~/.lv2 directory you should delete it.
Beside that it looks like you need to clean-up a bit more in your ~/.lv2 directory.

thanks for your response, I cleaned up the folder. I figured it out. After I made the folder, I left it in my home directory, within it was a subfolder lv2 that I had to move to my ~/lv2 folder. The manifest file needs to be in there, otherwise the plugin isn’t seen by ardour