NAM Neural Amp Modeler Installation

I successfully built NAM, and have added the paths, they registered as being added but I do no see them in my effects. The NAM README states “Setting the model to use requires that your LV2 host supports atom:Path parameters. Reaper does as of v6.82. Carla and
Ardour do.” Is there some setting I have to adjust to see the plugin?

1 Like

Have you restarted Ardour after installing the plugin (LV2 plugins are indexed at Ardour application start).

Other than that, check Ardour Menu > Window > Log and Ardour Menu > WIndow > Plugin Manager.

…or more generally run lv2ls on the commandline (which lists IDs of all installed LV2 plugins). Perhaps the issue is that bundle was not installed correctly to ~/.lv2 or /usr/lib/lv2.

Thank you for your response. So I have restarted Ardour. I looked at the logs but don’t see anyhting, but when I look at the plugin manager the LV2 neural loader is listed as stale, and the vst2.x nueral amp modeler.so is listed 3 times, twice as stale and once as error

So upon running lv2ls in the terminal, I have received

error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/RubberBandladspa-lv2/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/RubberBandladspa-lv2/manifest.ttl' lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/RubberBandladspa-lv2/manifest.ttl error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-ui-main/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory) lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-ui-main/manifest.ttl’
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-ui-main/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/x42-stepseq-8x8/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/x42-stepseq-8x8/manifest.ttl' lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/x42-stepseq-8x8/manifest.ttl error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/setBfree/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory) lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/setBfree/manifest.ttl’
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/setBfree/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/spectralsand (mud edition).lv2/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/spectralsand%20(mud%20edition).lv2/manifest.ttl' lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/spectralsand%20(mud%20edition).lv2/manifest.ttl error: failed to open file /home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-lv2/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory) lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-lv2/manifest.ttl’
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///home/ven/.lv2/neural-amp-modeler-lv2/manifest.ttl

What is that? That shouldn’t exist. If you’ve such a folder in your ~/.lv2 directory you should delete it.
Beside that it looks like you need to clean-up a bit more in your ~/.lv2 directory.

thanks for your response, I cleaned up the folder. I figured it out. After I made the folder, I left it in my home directory, within it was a subfolder lv2 that I had to move to my ~/lv2 folder. The manifest file needs to be in there, otherwise the plugin isn’t seen by ardour

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.