My first all-Ardour track

I usually use Mixbus32c but I was doing this as a favor for a friend and had to record in the band’s rehearsal space using a laptop- so I went with Ardour because of slightly less overhead and I did not need all those knobs! I wound up editing in Ardour and decided to wean myself from Mixbus and go with all Ardour. The band are all teenagers, and they wanted to sound like the rehearsal room, with obnoxiously loud drums, so I said heck, ok!

3 Likes

Hmmm - can’t listen without a “free” Spotify account…

sounds great! i like the tune!

1 Like

You can listen in youtube music, no need for a subscription. Search for the name of the group.

1 Like

Wow. Nice sixties-seventies bive. Great bass sound. And the Hendrix-like guitars really rock. Great job

1 Like

Really like the tune, voice, drums, guitars everything :metal:

I think the mix could be make more use of stereo panning though :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed it!

1 Like

Thanks! The drums, guitar, and bass were all live (10 songs!) in the room as an ensemble, the vocals done the next day. 2-3 takes per song at most. I’m almost finished mixing them all- two or three to go!
That bass is some kind of old Mosrite with what look like p-90 pickups, via a DI. Can’t recall which guitar he used, probably a Les Paul studio, the amp is JCM 900, cab an 80’s Marshall 4-12 with whatever speakers are stock. The drums- all I know is they were in tune and maple, except the snare, which was aluminum.

1 Like

Had I realized they uploaded to Youtube as well I would have used that link instead-

2 Likes

Well done. Thank for sharing.

1 Like

Really like the tune and the mix ! Congrats !

1 Like

Impressive, good mix stellar musicianship.

1 Like

Hi,

Great roomy sound and mix! They play well, especially the rhythm section which often is a ‘need to grow’ area in bands this young.

1 Like