Multiple takes for midi type play overlapping

hi,
i am trying to record multiple drums take on ardour in midi, but once i play my song the two overlapping midi session are being played both .
i was expecting the top track was the one to being played and second one muted.

i add a screen shoot to understand me better

any one know what am i doing wrong?
thanks all.

By default layered MIDI regions are audibly transparent you can change this:
– Region > Gain > Opaque (either context menu of the region, or select it and use the global menu).

1 Like

hi Robin! first of all thank you,
unfortunately i already have setup on region gain to opaque. but still take 1 and 2 are being played together. i was expecting the second take was being muted as the light gray design suggest
(sorry i have italy as main language i would like to change in english but still didn’t do, guadagno = gain, opaco = opaque ^^ )

Uh oh, just saw this come through in the git logs:

Implement MIDI region opaqueness (part 1)

This honors transparent/opaque property of MIDI regions.
Previously all MIDI regions played as if they were unconditionally
transparent.

Seems like you found a bug in the existing versions.

Also cross reference: 0005100: MIDI regions are always transparent - MantisBT

then nothing i can do saddly,
this will slow down a lot the workflow because i need to cut region to not have overlapping track.
but thanks to you guys at last i found out it is a bug.
thank you

With ALT+1 you can mute the selected region very quick, so it is out of the way.

1 Like

@MortoAllegro: try setting the “Rec:” mode (accessible in the punch/rec toolbar) to non-layered. now when you record, it will entirely replace the regions underneath your new recording.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.