Multiface users?

I’ve been out of the Linux audio loop for a while, so forgive me if this forum is a really bad place to ask this question.

I’m trying to use my old Multiface with ardour and jack, and I’m finding that HDSP mixer isn’t working properly. Trying to get software channels to talk to hardware outs just results in bizarre reconfigurations, as if all of the channel addresses were entirely wrong. As near as I can tell, there hasn’t been a new version of hdspconf or hdspmixer out in years. Am I missing something? Have you all moved on to some new kind of audio interface? Clues?

Thanks in advance.

hmm, the hdspmixer application was also acting strange on my system, the solution was to click on the 2nd preset. in this “mode” anything works as expected for me.
also, what do you mean by software channels? do you mean the intern routing of multiface or do you mean the connection of sound-application to hardware outs? if 2nd then use an application like qjackctl to connect the channels, this has nothing to do with hdspmixer.

hope this helps!