Multi Band Compression

Hi. I would like to use multi-band compression on my project. Is there a good way to get a multi-band compressor running in Ardor on Ubuntu Studio?

In the free/libre software eco-system check out zamulticomp and LSP Multiband Compressor. Since you’re running Linux, those should be be readily available from your GNU/Linux distribution via the zam-plugins and lsp-plugins packages.

If you are not excluding commercial solutions, Harrison’s XT-MC (XTools for Mixbus: XT-MC Multi-Band Compressor - YouTube would be the go to solution. It is bundled with Ardour binaries from ardour.org.

PS. beware of calf-multiband compressor. It has phasing issues (among many other) which results in a rather muddy sound. see also How to achieve multiband processing? - #15 by drsaamah

2 Likes

Thank you! As it turns out I already had LSP installed and I just didn’t see any of the plugins in the dropdown menu. They weren’t in the compressor menu for some reason.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.