Motu UltraLite MK3 - it captured only 2 Channels

How i describe in the topic,
I cant record the other channels of my Motu UltraLite MK3 in Ardour,
They are not shown up into the inputs. I have no idea why

I use Windows 10 and plug the device via USB. Did i need any extra software to route the Signals, or what im doing wrong. Why i don’t use Linux? Because the motu has no drivers for it so i have to use Windows.

I hope some one could help me.
To clear out im a total beginner in mixing and the Motu. So describe it for a total newbie please :slight_smile:
Have a nice day

Do you have the appropriate drivers installed?

Typically, for Windows, you need to look for the ASIO drivers.

Cheers,

Keith

I thought the Ultralite devices were USB class compliant and worked with the usb-snd driver that comes with the kernel.
Have you tried connecting it to a linux system?

The USB driver which comes with Windows only supports USB class 1, which limits two channels and 16 bit audio. You need to install the Windows driver from MOTU to access all the channels.

1 Like

I installed the ASIO drivers too, and the Drivers from Motu

No i dont tested in on Linux for now. Maybe in future i will test it. Last test i dont got my gr55 from roland software installed, it was a little frustrating.

For some reason to test i installed the Cakewalk, in this DAW it found every channel and i can use it simultaneity. I would highly prefer to use Openscource because i really like the idea behind.

No i dont tested in on Linux for now. Maybe in future i will test it. Last test i dont got my gr55 from roland software installed, it was a little frustrating.

I’d suggest downloading the AVLinux ISO and burning it to a USB stick. You will then be able to boot to Linux and test your hardware from the live ISO without perturbing your working system in any way.

In Ardour, Menu > Window > Audio/MIDI Setup have you also selected the ASIO driver?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.