Moonsorrow - Tuulen koti, aaltojen koti (Home of wind, home of waves) - full cover and video

Another cover of a great finnish song! Have fun!

3 Likes

Nicely done, good job!
What did you use for the drums?

I use MT Power Drum kit. Thanks!

I’m gonna check it out thanks!

Very Impressive! Tremendous mixing and playing! I’m quite surprised at the MT Drumkit, I had heard it before other places and it didn’t sound nearly this good! The Les Paul crunch is delicious!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind word! :slight_smile: I often use “Barry Satan Maximizer” plugin on drums, maybe that’s the secret.

1 Like

It is indeed a secret weapon! I’ve never found another Plugin in Linux or on Windows that does exactly what BSM does to drums…

Moonsorrow have been one of my favourite bands for many years, so I’m excited to finally see them properly homaged on here! Great cover, and I love how you played basically everything, including the jaw harp :smile: In a track I wrote in Moonsorrow’s style, for the jaw harp I relied on a soundfont like a loser instead… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’d love to hear this. Any chance for a link? :smiley:

Sure, I’d love to hear what a Moonsorrow fan thinks of it! The theme is closer to a “traditional” Viking setting (the topic are shieldmaidens), so not really what Moonsorrow sing about, but musically speaking they definitely were the main influence.

I plan to re-record it in the near future, but the version I recorded at the time can be found on SoundCloud:

I also made a cheesy video that you can watch on YouTube instead :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Very nice! I’m impressed :smiley: A lot of work!

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it! I’m definitely looking forward to what you’ll publish next :smiley: