Mixbus problems

Already sent to the email form my email, just trying to get someone who could help now…cause i got one email back and dident solve the problem…Dont you know nothing about it?

I know a lot about mixbus :slight_smile: But this is not support mechanism. Its a forum for users. I personally detest trying to solve user problems on a forum, its much too slow and inconvenient.

you could try starting jack from jackpilot (included in jackosx), and once you get it running try to start mixbus. I know on my linux system I have to use qjackctl to start jack before ardour or it won’t work (even with identical settings). As a side note, this happens on both ubunu’s packaged version and my self-compiled one.

Hi.
Thank you for a great product! Really like the sound of it. But I have a few questions:

• Why does not Spacedesigner, (Logic Reverb), appear in Mixbus, it is a AU plugin right?
  • Is there a “Manual” for Mixbus to download, besides the “Getting started” pdf.
  • its easy to load a plugin on a track, but how do I disable/delete it from the track?
  • In Logic I use a lot of “aux tracks” with fx, to send to from regular audiotracks, does Mixbus support that?
  • It seems Iam having some bugs with Mixbus. Is there an upgrade planned to be released soon?

My gear is Macpro, 10.5.6, Dual, Apogee Duet.

werner: it would best for you to send questions about mixbus to the support email that was sent to you with the download address. Although we can answer some questions here, Harrison are supporting the product and they are the best place to get mixbus specific support.

• deleting a plugin: two methods
    1. shift-right click on it (this works for many things in mixbus, including regions, automation points and more)
    2. click on it to select it, right click to get context menu, choose "delete". you can delete multiple plugins in this way too, by using ctrl-click or shift-click to select more than one.

far off versions will take the radical step of allowing you to use the delete key! :)

• aux busses: add 1 or more new busses to the session. Then for each track, right click in the zones above & below the fader (for pre and post fader) and select "new send". Connect the send to the new bus inputs. Double click on the send name to get an "editor" for the send.

Its a bit cumbersome, and again, a far off version (based on ardour3, or perhaps before) will offer much simpler workflow for this. Remember that you can save sessions as templates or even tracks as templates to avoid most or all of this work for new sessions.

* Why does not Spacedesigner, (Logic Reverb), appear in Mixbus, it is a AU plugin right?

From what I have been told of it, no it is not an AU plugin, it is built into Logic itself.

* Is there a "Manual" for Mixbus to download, besides the "Getting started" pdf.

Not as of yet to my knowledge, though there are several projects in the work to document Ardour(And thusly most of Mixbus).

* its easy to load a plugin on a track, but how do I disable/delete it from the track?

Right Click on the plugin name and select Delete to delete it. To Bypass you can either open the GUI and select Bypass or middle click on the plugin name(You did get a 3 button mouse as listed in the requirements right?:wink:

* In Logic I use a lot of "aux tracks" with fx, to send to from regular audiotracks, does Mixbus support that?

Yep… add busses and then the same way you add plugins you can add sends, open up the dialog to edit the routing and select where you want that send to go. Of course make sure that it is active after you finish this or it won’t work:)

* It seems Iam having some bugs with Mixbus. Is there an upgrade planned to be released soon?

Yes, 1.1 will be a free upgrade when it is released for all registered owners of Mixbus IIRC.

Seablade

Thank you Paul! Your tips really helped me. Rock on!
Regards and blesses / Werner

Sounds Great the upcoming upgrade, I ´ll get one as soon it hits the market.
Thank you for the support Seablade!
Regards and blesses / Werner

I’ve got a bunch of files in my MacHD directory called Ardourbuffer, anyone know if I can delete them and how I can get mixbus to store these files elsewhere?

Cheers

Johan

@johane: you can delete them entirely safely. Mixbus 1.1 will no longer generate them. There is no way to stop 1.0 from doing so.