Midinam files not showing up

Was there any change with pacthfiles (midinam files) with version 8.x? My custom files used to work, but now some do not show.

Here are two examples:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE MIDINameDocument PUBLIC "-//MIDI Manufacturers Association//DTD MIDINameDocument 1.0//EN" "http://www.midi.org/dtds/MIDINameDocument10.dtd">
<MIDINameDocument>
  <Author></Author>
  <MasterDeviceNames>
    <Manufacturer>Drumgizmo</Manufacturer>
    <Model>CrocellKit</Model>
    <CustomDeviceMode Name="Drumkit Keymap">
      <ChannelNameSetAssignments>
        <ChannelNameSetAssign Channel="1" NameSet="Names"/>
        <ChannelNameSetAssign Channel="10" NameSet="Names"/>
      </ChannelNameSetAssignments>
    </CustomDeviceMode>
    <ChannelNameSet Name="Names">
      <AvailableForChannels>
        <AvailableChannel Channel="1" Available="true"/>
        <AvailableChannel Channel="10" Available="true"/>
      </AvailableForChannels>
      <UsesNoteNameList Name="Notes"/>
      <PatchBank Name="User Patches">
        <PatchNameList Name="User Patches"/>
      </PatchBank>
    </ChannelNameSet>
    <NoteNameList Name="Notes">
      <Note Number="35" Name="KDrumL"/>
      <Note Number="36" Name="KDrumR"/>
      <Note Number="37" Name="SnareRim"/>
      <Note Number="38" Name="Snare"/>
      <Note Number="39" Name="SnareRest"/>
      <Note Number="40" Name="SnareRimShot"/>
      <Note Number="41" Name="FTom2"/>
      <Note Number="42" Name="HihatClosed"/>
      <Note Number="43" Name="FTom1"/>
      <Note Number="44" Name="HihatPedal"/>
      <Note Number="46" Name="HihatOpen"/>
      <Note Number="47" Name="Tom2"/>
      <Note Number="48" Name="Tom1"/>
      <Note Number="49" Name="CrashL"/>
      <Note Number="51" Name="RideR"/>
      <Note Number="52" Name="ChinaR"/>
      <Note Number="53" Name="RideRBell"/>
      <Note Number="54" Name="ChinaL"/>
      <Note Number="55" Name="SplashL"/>
      <Note Number="56" Name="CrashLStopped"/>
      <Note Number="57" Name="CrashR"/>
      <Note Number="58" Name="SplashR"/>
      <Note Number="59" Name="CrashRXtra"/>
      <Note Number="73" Name="HihatPedalHit"/>
      <Note Number="75" Name="CrashRStopped"/>
      <Note Number="78" Name="HihatClosedNoPedal"/>
      <Note Number="80" Name="HihatSemiOpen"/>
    </NoteNameList>
   </MasterDeviceNames>
</MIDINameDocument>

and

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE MIDINameDocument PUBLIC "-//MIDI Manufacturers Association//DTD MIDINameDocument 1.0//EN" "http://www.midi.org/dtds/MIDINameDocument10.dtd">
<MIDINameDocument>
  <Author></Author>
  <MasterDeviceNames>
    <Manufacturer>Drumgizmo</Manufacturer>
    <Model>CrocellKit2</Model>
    <CustomDeviceMode Name="Drumkit Keymap">
      <ChannelNameSetAssignments>
        <ChannelNameSetAssign Channel="1" NameSet="Names"/>
        <ChannelNameSetAssign Channel="10" NameSet="Names"/>
      </ChannelNameSetAssignments>
    </CustomDeviceMode>
    <ChannelNameSet Name="Names">
      <AvailableForChannels>
        <AvailableChannel Channel="1" Available="true"/>
        <AvailableChannel Channel="10" Available="true"/>
      </AvailableForChannels>
      <UsesNoteNameList Name="Notes"/>
      <PatchBank Name="User Patches">
        <PatchNameList Name="User Patches"/>
      </PatchBank>
    </ChannelNameSet>
    <NoteNameList Name="Notes">
      <Note Number="35" Name="KDrumL"/>
      <Note Number="36" Name="KDrumR"/>
      <Note Number="37" Name="SnareRim"/>
      <Note Number="38" Name="Snare"/>
      <Note Number="39" Name="SnareRest"/>
      <Note Number="40" Name="SnareRimShot"/>
      <Note Number="41" Name="HihatClosed"/>
      <Note Number="42" Name="HihatPedal"/>
      <Note Number="43" Name="HihatClosedNoPedal"/>
      <Note Number="44" Name="HihatSemiOpen"/>
      <Note Number="45" Name="HihatOpen"/>
      <Note Number="46" Name="HihatPedalHit"/>
      <Note Number="47" Name="RideR"/>
      <Note Number="48" Name="RideRBell"/>
      <Note Number="49" Name="FTom2"/>
      <Note Number="50" Name="FTom1"/>
      <Note Number="51" Name="Tom2"/>
      <Note Number="52" Name="Tom1"/>
      <Note Number="53" Name="CrashL"/>
      <Note Number="54" Name="CrashLStopped"/>
      <Note Number="55" Name="CrashR"/>
      <Note Number="56" Name="CrashRStopped"/>
      <Note Number="57" Name="CrashRXtra"/>
      <Note Number="58" Name="ChinaL"/>
      <Note Number="59" Name="ChinaR"/>
      <Note Number="60" Name="SplashL"/>
      <Note Number="61" Name="SplashR"/>
    </NoteNameList>
   </MasterDeviceNames>
</MIDINameDocument>

The former (CrocellKit) appears (under “Drumgizmo”) as a MID track preset, but the latter (CrocellKit2) does not, even though the files are almost identical. Both used to show up with Ardour 7.x. (I did copy the pathcfiles directory from the Ardour 7.x config directory to the Ardour 8.x config directory.)

Ah, I figured it out. It does not like the numbers in the names anymore.

So, I had to change:

    <Model>CrocellKit2</Model>

to

    <Model>CrocellKitCustom</Model>

Now it works!