MIDI velocity + Vitalium

Hey folks!
So I made a bass track using a bass sample found on the web. I liked it, but wanted to try my hand at replacing it with a custom sound made in the Vitalium (aka Vital) synthesizer.

The problem: I like the bass sound I created, but I don’t seem to be able to change the velocity/dynamic of the individual notes anymore. I had fine-tuned the bass line with some accents and random fluctuations using the velocity parameter, but none of that seems to matter to velocity.

I know I can use an automation to control dynamics in the track, but using automation for individual 16th notes seems like not the way at all. Clearly I’m misunderstanding something about how this works… any tips?

Thanks!

PS - I just “bought” version 7.5., can’t wait to see what more I can do with this!

Yes, you can do that. You can find velocity as a modulation source on the right under the LFOs and you can connect it to anything you want, for example level or filter.

What “velocity parameter” ?

Thank you, this is exactly what I was missing! I definitely learned this in several of the Vital tutorials I watched, but somehow in practice I blanked on that. Problem solved!

Maybe parameter is the wrong word (I’m new at this), but I was referring to the velocity value that can be changed for any MIDI note (which controls the output volume of the note). But @synthesis solved this for me.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.