MIDI Ports Only Shown Once

I’m trying to learn Ardour and having some trouble with the MIDI port settings. I’m using Jack for audio and MIDI as this lets me route to other programs.

When I first start Ardour I’m able to select which MIDI ports to use. After that every time I open the Preferences MIDI Port page there are no ports shown so I can’t change around which ports are available to Ardour. Using the pin matrix screens still show the ports I selected before, and the actual ports appear to work. But only being able to set things up once seems like a problem.

I’m running 5.12.0 that came from the Linux Mint packages.

What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the Ardour forums.

First of all, it needs to be made clear (over and over and over again) that we cannot and do not support Linux-distro provided versions of Ardour (or indeed, any version of Ardour from anywhere except ardour.org). Of course, forum users are free to offer their own help.

Secondly, this has fthe form of a bug report, and as such should proabbly be reported at tracker.ardour.org where we can interact with you in a structured fashion to determine if there is a bug or just a misunderstanding.

Okay, I’m sorry. This is my first time here after some extensive web searches not helping answer my question.

Did you see the part here about a2jmidid?

https://manual.ardour.org/setting-up-your-system/setting-up-midi/midi-on-linux/

Or are you referring to problems with MIDI from other software instead of hardware?

Seablade

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.