Midi from ardour to modular synth

I’m on Mac mini.
so I am trying to send some midi data that my modular synth can use. The modular I am trying to use is Behringer CM1A. I have midi files in, I made a midi track. and I tried to make sure the output correct. I should mention I am using a Behringer umc404hd as my interface.

So what’s the actual question?

how do I send MIDI data the module can use to the module?

Connect the output of the track to the hardware MIDI port where the modular hardware is connected.

I already have done that. I am not sure if I set ardour to properly send out the midi

Did you put an instrument on the MIDI track? If so, it will likely “eat” the MIDI notes and only deliver audio …

I did add a instrument

Yeah, tthat’s not what you want if the actual target of the MIDI is hardware outside of Ardour. There are one or two synth/instrument plugins that can be configured to “pass through” the MIDI that Ardour sends them, but most eat it, figuring it was for them, and just give you audio output.

2 Likes