MIDI control surfaces in Ardour2

Does the BCF 2000 control surface work with Ardour2? I was able to use it in Ardour 0.99 but in Ardour2 control and the middle mouse button doesn’t do anything. Is there a different way to bind the controls? I am using midi patch bay making the connections and all of the ardour midi options in the options editor seem to be right.

I think you must be using an older version of the Ardour2 Beta… this problem was recently fixed and my BCF 2000 is working now, including the control+middleclick learning mode. Try downloading the latest Ardour2 Beta…

That did it thanks. Although, now the controls are jerky when control surface feedback is selected.

Hmm… the only other thing I can think of is to check that the MIDI ports are connected to each other properly in Jack? (i.e. in qjackctl if that’s what you’re using to manage the Jack server)…

Oops, sorry, I just read more closely and saw that you’d already made sure the connections were made. You might want to try getting on the Ardour IRC channel (#ardour on irc.freenode.net) and ask one of the developers when they’re around…

What type of midi port are you using for MIDI control? Is it an alsa/sequencer port? This depends on what you’ve configured in your ~/.ardour2/ardour.rc and which port you’ve selected for MIDI control in options.

The only midi port that works is the control port in the options menu. Then in midi patchbay the bcf has to be connected to control in and control out or it won’t work.

If it isn’t smooth it might be worth checking if you compiled ALSA with /dev/rtc support.

Alternatively you may wish to check this against another app that can map external MIDI controllers first. Bristol synthis a good one as it is quick to compile, even though it’s not very stable yet (same process control middle-click on desired control then move fader).

I tested this last night using a BCF connected to ardour2 via the control port, syncing BCF port 0 to ardour control port 0 and vice versa (as above - which is normal behaviour).

Initially it didn’t work until I clicked the Generic Midi Controller button .

Once it was working, the response was smooth both ways - from the BCF to ardour, and from ardour back to the BCF on playback. Such a pity I haven’t been able to sync ardour2 to jack transport, as I do prefer the new interface.

Allan K
sonofzev
Littlewolf Music
Melbourne Australia

What do you mean you can’t sync ardour2 to the jack transport? Are you trying to control ardour2 transport with the jack transport? I have no problem doing that on the latest beta…just change the option next to the clock that says internal to jack, or mtc if you want to slave to mtc…and it works fine.

Maybe you meant something else, I’m not sure.

Solv, ignore that sampo got me sorted, the option has moved out from the option edito and on to the transport (yes I’m blind)

I am a little new to this but I don’t think I use alsa. At least it is not what jack uses. I use either portaudio or coreaudio and because I am going to be using an audio interface that I know works with core audio. Is there someway I can check for a similar thing (/dev/rtc support) in core audio?

Toner: what system are you using? You seem to have Linux and OSX specific technologies confused. Does this help? http://www.ardour.org/system_requirements/audio_compatibility

Just for the record: portaudio is not a driver, it’s an abstraction layer.

Sorry, like I said I am a little new it this. I am using OS X 10.4. I installed ardour2 from the universal binary and did not change anything as far as my systems midi configurations. The controls on the BCF work fine in ardour 0.99 with feedback it’s just in Ardour2

Ok. Sounds like we need to pay attention to midi jitter in 2.0. Thanks for the report.

Oh, I figured it out–I have to also select Options->Control Surfaces->Generic MIDI.

I’m having the same problem. When I hold Ctrl and click the middle button the “operate MIDI control now” message does not appear. It used to work on my old computer but not on this one. So at first I suspected the OS did not recognize the middle mouse button, but that works for other applications such as rotating the Desktop Cube in Compiz. However, if I type

cat /dev/input/mice
and click the middle button it will just display a string of whitespace, followed by whatever the last text string I had selected was. My sound card’s MIDI port is correctly connected to Ardour’s 0:control via JACK. I’m using Ardour 2.7 and JACK 0.3.2.

thanks

Enwerce

sikiş izle

türkçe adult forum

dini bilgiler

öss sayısal

eywallah bilader sikiş erotik video sikiş erotik video izlesin herkes

eyw… hemşerim sikiş erotik video sikiş erotik video izle

sssssssssssssss

Biber Hapı

Acı Cehre

Acı Cehre