MIDI Control Just Quit

I’ve been using Ardour for a few months now and after a little confusion at first I was able to create a midi map to use with my Rodecaster Duo to control the transport actions. It worked great until yesterday. I came out to my little studio and fired everything up as usual, but this time the midi control doesn’t work anymore. I checked the settings - nothing has changed. The midi window shows the codes coming in from my interface but they are not controlling the transport now. I didn’t change anything - I learned a long time ago when it comes to computers that once you get something working do not touch it! I’ve been using this setup for weeks without issue. Now this. What could it be?

This is on Windows 10.

Maybe this is unrelated but I have been having a similar problem all of a sudden with my Presonus FaderPort 2.

A certain project refuses to open (crashes Ardour) if the device is on. Turning off the device, opening the project, then turning on the device solves the problem most times but other times the device isn’t working (buttons do nothing) and there’s something like “JACK: failed to contact server on notification thread” in the error log.

It’s all a bit random and happens in Mixbus too. And other projects but not all of them.

After a crash the log has this…

Failed to register port "auditioner/audio_out 1", reason is unknown from here
Failed to register port "FaderPort2 Recv", reason is unknown from here
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ARDOUR::PortManager::PortRegistrationFailure'
  what():  unable to create port 'FaderPort2 Recv': failed constructor

Ardour v7.5.0, Mixbus32C v9.1.324, Linux.

I know it’s off-topic for this forum but I have also a similar issue with OBS. Midi worked fine until one day it didn’t. Now it simply doesn’t work (Linux version). Windows version - no problem. On Linux - midisnoop shows all the codes being sent from my Rodecaster. Really frustrating.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.