Midi control for play record

Here is one that I hope someone can help me with.

I am running Ardour 6.9.0~ds0 “After Bach” (rev 6.9.0~ds0-1build1)
Intel 64-bit

On Linux Mint using Jack for control. I have recently incorporated Donner DMK25 Pro as a midi controller. It integrates well and works with one exception.

I have 6 push buttons for stop, play , record etc… On the MIDI Controller. I do not seem to be able to map these to the play, record controls in Ardour. They send channel 1-16 15-20. I can however map the play record rewind etc… using the Pad buttons. I would definately like to be able to use the buttons instead of the PAd’s if possible.

Also i am pretty certain that my MIDI is set up properly. I can open up Hydrogen Drum machine and map the buttons to the corresponding controls in Hydrogen.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

The upcoming 8.3 release (in a few days) will contain a predefined MIDI binding map for the Donner DMK25.

You can see that (and use it with current versions of Ardour if you want) via this link:

2 Likes

Paul,

Thanks for the update. I will be looking for the 8.3. I ran the procedure, the only difference was that to toggle the momentary to latch, I had to rotate the K1 on my Donner.

—Bob—