MIDI Automation (CC) not being read by Ardour 5.10

Hello,

I’ve been using 5.8 for a while and now downloaded 5.10, which has in its release notes “Selection and copy/cut/paste for automation tracks now works again.” - but I can’t get my MIDI controller automation to copy when I copy a region - would the old bug be with the saved copy of the 5.8 version? The automation shows its green lines and dots but it is not read by Ardour on play, the slider stays stationary.

Thoughts anyone, is this still a bug I should report?

Incidentally, I’ve just been looking at all those luverly Native Instruments Komplete 11 goodies on offer and Logic and possibly a new Mac … but I’m still doing just fine with my Ardour and ZynAddSubFX… so thanks muchly for saving me thousands :slight_smile:

CheersO,

Caesura

Bug report : clear on MIDI automation does not allow new automation to play.

Hello again,

Seems like a bug - if I clear the MIDI automation then I any new automation manually entered does not get followed.

Easy to recreate - start a new session, new MIDI track (zynAddsubFX), create a MIDI region, add some notes on, on the track select [A]->Controllers->64-79->select 72/Channel 1 - add some automation points, play - all goes well. Then right click on the automation track and select Clear - then put some new points on the automation track - play will not pick up the new points. When I press stop then the automation picks up the last point, ie where it should be, and indeed, if i move the playhead the automation is right at the point at which i let go the mouse, if that makes any sense.

Hope that’s helpful to debuggers, I can provide more info if you need it.

Here are the logs :
[ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module “/usr/lib/ladspa/sifter_1210.so” (/usr/lib/ladspa/sifter_1210.so: undefined symbol: q_sort)
[ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module “/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa_guitarix.so” (/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa_guitarix.so: undefined symbol: ZN4sigc9slot_baseC1EOS0)
[WARNING]: Ignoring LV2 plugin “LV2 Convolution Mono” because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied.
[WARNING]: Ignoring LV2 plugin “LV2 Convolution Mono=>Stereo” because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied.
[WARNING]: Ignoring LV2 plugin “LV2 Convolution Stereo” because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied.
[WARNING]: Ignoring invalid LV2 plugin http://gareus.org/oss/lv2/onsettrigger#bassdrum_stereo
[WARNING]: Ignoring LV2 plugin “Big Meter” because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied.
[INFO]: Loading bindings from /opt/Ardour-5.10.0/etc/ardour.keys
harvid version: 802
[INFO]: Loading menus from /opt/Ardour-5.10.0/etc/ardour.menus
[INFO]: Loaded custom session defaults.
[INFO]: Loading 88 MIDI patches from /opt/Ardour-5.10.0/share/patchfiles
[INFO]: Loading history from /home/path/to/Ardour5_Projects/DeeBug/DeeBug.history
[INFO]: DeeBug: no history file “/home/path/to/Ardour5_Projects/DeeBug/DeeBug.history” for this session.

CheersO

Caesura

Oh - ubuntu 16.04, Ardour 5.10.0
“Atmospheres and Soundtracks”
(rev 5.10)
Intel 64-bit

Bug reports belong at http://tracker.ardour.org/ Reporting them here will tend to lead to them just being forgotten.

Hi Paul,
Ok done : http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=7443
CheersO,
Caesura