MCU Protocol/Documentation Help For Custom Control Surfaces

Hello community of Ardour!

My name is Sal and I have been working very hard these past few weeks to learn and engross myself deeply into constructing my own control surface using Arduinoes.

I was wondering if anyone has the documentation for the MCU protocol (Not HUI, however, I can provide 3rd party documentation of those upon request) or if maybe a developer who has access to those files would be gracious enough to spare me the time of having to unveil and reverse engineer the “protocol”(Not really a protocol because it’s MIDI based, rather a nomenclature), which I’ve gotten good progress on, but regarding SysEx messages as well as MCU Extender support and the understanding of those would also be very much appreciated so I can run >8 Fader setups.

On the secondhand while we’re on this topic, is Ardour capable of running multiple MCU devices without bugs or conflicts? I’ve been trying to pair up multiple MCU devices in FL studio, but strange bugs result.

Thanks community/devs of Ardour. Have a good one :smiley: ~ Sal

Check out @lenovens post here: Behringer x-touch series

That might be the documentation you’re looking for.

Just made this easy access phil. :smiley:

https://sites.google.com/view/mackiecontroluniversaldiyguide/home

funny you mentioned MCU pro.

is Ardour capable of running multiple MCU devices without bugs or conflicts? I’ve been trying to pair up multiple MCU devices in FL studio, but strange bugs result.

I work with Mackie MCU Pro and one MCU Pro XT in tandem.
There are issues in the implementation, in Ardour 5.

I only found out this yesterday, when I put them to work with Ardour. My main DAW in the studio is Cubase.

edit to add: Yes, they work but not fully.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.