Mapping Transport Buttons of AKAI MPK Mini Mk4

Hi,

I just want to share a minimalistic MIDI-map that binds the transport buttons of the AKAI MPK Mini Mk4 to the corresponding buttons in Ardour:

<ArdourMIDIBindings version="1.0.0" name="AKAI MPK mini mk4"> 
<!-- MMC MIDI Mapping for Akai MPK mini mk4 -->
<Binding channel="1" ctl="73" action="Transport/ToggleRollForgetCapture"/>
 <!-- stop and forget REC -->
<Binding channel="1" ctl="76" action="Transport/ToggleRoll"/> 
<!-- toggle PLAY/PAUSE -->
<Binding channel="1" ctl="77" function="toggle-rec-enable"/> 
<!-- REC -->
 </ArdourMIDIBindings>

Save the mapping as AKAI_MPKmini_mk4.map in ~./config/ardour9/midi_maps.

Make shure to choose the correct MIDI-port in the controller-settings for “Incoming MIDI on:”, namely “MPK mini IV DAW Port (capture)” and the MIDI-Binding you created.

2 Likes

Hello, can you help me create more bindings for the rest of the controller. This is my first time with a MIDI controller (I use ardour as I only use linux) and I was hoping to set it up fully and use.

Maybe these two videos from the Ardour channel would be helpful?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.