Making contributions to the development of Ardour

I don’t know if this is the wrong sub-forum, but i’m a computer engineering student and I have an interest in developing software for audio applications. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but I figured the most valuable place to try and make a contribution would be here.

If help is needed, where should I start looking to pick up on what needs to be done and the necessary documentation to support the development of whatever it may be?

I have some mild? experience with C and some moderate experience with Java and that’s about the extent of it unless there’s some PHP/Javascript that needs to be done.

Awesome, thanks.

Click on the “development” tab at the top of the page, which takes you to
http://ardour.org/development - that should lead you to answers to all your questions.

Don’t expect any of it to be easy. I spend all day writing code in C and I wouldn’t dare touch any of Ardour’s code! (which is C++, by the way, not at all the same thing as C when used properly)

Your best bet is to go to the Mantis Issue Tracker, pick a bug/feature and start working on it, submit a patch to the issue when you are complete. Rinse/Repeat:)

Being on IRC to ask and answer questions isn’t a bad idea either while you are doing this.

Seablade