Mackie HUI question

Is it possible to make Ardour to send HandShake message?
I can use my midi controller (impulse49) for control surface in generic midi, but I am limited to 8 tracks. I can’t get the most out of my midi controller. If it would work in HUI, I could use midi, mixer, plugin, pan, next/prev bank, next/prev track (for more than 8 tracks) modes.

The control surface section of the manual has this note:
" When setting up the control surface, do not use “Pro Tools” mode. Pro Tools is the only DAW that still requires HUI. The rest of world uses Mackie Control Protocol. Ardour does not support HUI at this time."

So if Impulse 49 only supports HUI and not MCP then I don’t think it will work in that mode, you will have to use generic MIDI mode.

@ccaudle , I already know everything you say, I also mentioned that I currently use generic midi for the control surface. But that prevents me from getting the most out of the controller’s capabilities. I was thinking that maybe there is someone here who knows, has an idea, something… Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.