I recently got a Mackie Control Universal with two MIDI ports, no USB, so I’m trying to use it with a Roland UM-ONE. I’ve read that it worked with Logic, but I can’t get it working with Ardour. I’ve read the manual, but maybe I’m doing something wrong.
- The UM-ONE is connected to my conputer, and the USB LED is lit;
- It is connected to the Mackie Control Universal: OUT in the OUT port, IN in IN;
- I’m using “a2jmidid -e”, and I can assign IN and OUT to the UM-ONE via Ardour;
- I’ve tried “Mackie Control” in Ardour. The OUT LED flickers continuously on the UM-ONE, and the “Assignment” red light stays lit on the MCU. Nothing more happens, except my first track is on “Record” mode and I can’t deactivate it;
- I’ve tried “Mackie Control Universal Pro”, but nothing happens. I can sometime see the OUT light flicker on the UM-ONE when I click on “Discover”, but that’s it;
- When I press a button on the MCU, the IN light flickers on the UM-ONE, so I think it’s getting a signal;
- I tried “Generic MIDI”, but nothing happened.
So Ardour doesn’t seem to be able to communicate with the MCU properly when using a USB MIDI interface. Is it a problem on my part, or is it just a silly project from the start?
I’m using Manjaro Linux and Ardour 6.9.
Thanks in advance for your help!