LV2 on OSX

Just a quick question… are LV2 plugins supposed to work on OSX? It says so on the plugins page. I have a few installed but ardour doesn’t seem to find them. $LV2_PATH is set. I tried ~/Library/Plug-Ins/LV2 and /usr/local/lib/lv2 as the install location but neither seem to work. No biggie if not, there are plenty of other plugs out there.

-Mike

LV2 support is not compiled in on the distributed OS X package at this time. It isn’t that it couldn’t be, but rather that there are very few LV2 plugins that are compiled for OS X at the moment, and one of the primary benefits, GUIs, would require a large amount of work in order to get them compiled on OS X. Often times the build systems aren’t set up at all for OS X to start with.

Seablade

Understandable. Thats ok really. I use ardour on OSX and linux both. I really only use it on Mac when I’m ‘on the go’ I have a macbook that I carry around with me. 99 percent of all my recording/mixing and what not is done in linux. No big deal.

I might give building ardour for osx from source again. I’m not sure I’m feeling that adventurous today or not though.

Have a good one.