Lua script to sequence mixer-scenes using markers

Hey there, in the 8.2 new features it says, that a LUA script for sequencing Mixer Scenes has been added- did I get this wrong? Can’t find it (Mixbus user).
Can I now trigger a scene with a marker?
How?

Last year I already got a script from a kind user, but it only works on Intel Macs and crashes on M1.

Yes. To set this up for a given session. Menu > Edit > Lua Scripts > Script Mangager.
Then under Session Scripts add “Mixer Scene Sequencer”.

Finally creates some markers on the timeline, and name them “MS <number>” (replace <number> with the scene to recall, first scene is 1 – note there is a space after MS).

Playing though that marker recalls the given mixer scene.

Thank you, found it, but it still crashes on Silicon Mac.
I just sent a report to Harrison support, let me know if you want to see it too.

John has provided me a script in December 2022, don’t know if it is still the same.

Edit: Btw. “stop at marker” crashes too.

It works fine here on a macBook Air M2, odd.

No need, that will automatically end up here in a few days :slight_smile:

That’s great to know. You’re running the native version?

Yes, compiled on the very same machine.

Anyway meanwhile nathan at harrison forwarded me the crash report, I have just fixed this. Ardour 8.6.143 (or later), which will be available in about 12h from https://nightly.ardour.org/

As for Mixbus, I have no ETA.

1 Like

Fantastic. Thanks a lot!
I assume that I can copy/paste the code into my Mixbus, right?

Ok, Ardour doesn’t crash when applying the script (idk if it would have in earlier versions though).
I see no difference in the LUA code. Is there anything else I can do to make it work in Mixbus?

Is there anything else I can do to make it work in Mixbus?

Short of compiling Mixbus yourself, the only option is to wait for 10.1 to be released.

1 Like

Ok, can’t be that long…