Lua script to create n-tuplet lasting p/q

hi there

I’m heavily using tuplets in midi and would like to have a lua script where - given an already selected note in a region - I can enter the following values through a GUI

• n (e.g. 13)
  • p (e.g. 7)
  • q (e.g. 4)

based on which the script then will add a sequence of notes (copies of the already existing one) forming a n-tuplet lasting p / q.

e.g. 13-tuplet over the time of 7 quarter notes.

any idea how such a lua script could look like.

help is very appreciated.

1 Like

Simplest thing is to just get the most recent nightly build from ardour.org. In internal edit mode, select a note (or multiple notes), and then press “s” repeatedly to split it into ever smaller tuples, and shift-S to reverse that. Select a set of notes of the same pitch and press “j” to join them back into a single note.

If you want to see how it is done in C++:

that won’t translate precisely to Lua, but if you still need a custom script, maybe someone else can make some suggestions.

3 Likes

It’s great to see the love being given lately to the MIDI side of Ardour!

2 Likes

Thanks Paul for the quick reply. In that case I’m looking forward to the upcoming releases :smiley:

Great DAW!

1 Like

I inexplicably assumed that I would have to compile the nightly build :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Be that as it may, it is possible to install Ardour 8.1 as well as a nightly build on one computer at the same time?

Absolutely. They are all versioned and you can have as many as you want all parallel installed.