Lua script to create n-tuplet lasting p/q

hi there

I’m heavily using tuplets in midi and would like to have a lua script where - given an already selected note in a region - I can enter the following values through a GUI

• n (e.g. 13)
  • p (e.g. 7)
  • q (e.g. 4)

based on which the script then will add a sequence of notes (copies of the already existing one) forming a n-tuplet lasting p / q.

e.g. 13-tuplet over the time of 7 quarter notes.

any idea how such a lua script could look like.

help is very appreciated.

1 Like

Simplest thing is to just get the most recent nightly build from ardour.org. In internal edit mode, select a note (or multiple notes), and then press “s” repeatedly to split it into ever smaller tuples, and shift-S to reverse that. Select a set of notes of the same pitch and press “j” to join them back into a single note.

If you want to see how it is done in C++:

that won’t translate precisely to Lua, but if you still need a custom script, maybe someone else can make some suggestions.

3 Likes

It’s great to see the love being given lately to the MIDI side of Ardour!

2 Likes

Thanks Paul for the quick reply. In that case I’m looking forward to the upcoming releases :smiley:

Great DAW!

1 Like

I inexplicably assumed that I would have to compile the nightly build :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Be that as it may, it is possible to install Ardour 8.1 as well as a nightly build on one computer at the same time?

Absolutely. They are all versioned and you can have as many as you want all parallel installed.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.