LSP Plugins 1.2.8 released!

This is a pretty hard release because we introduce four new plugin series!

• Implemented GOTT (Grand Over-The-Top) Compressor plugin series.
  • Implemented Filter plugin series.
  • Implemented Flanger plugin series.
  • Implemented Multiband Limiter plugin series.
  • Implemented high-precision oversampling algorithms for Oscilloscope plugin series.
  • Updated default values for file selectors in Impulse Responses and Impulse Reverb plugin series.
  • Added generation of explicit element definitions for LV2 groups in TTL files as a workaround to LV2 problem related to missing predefined port groupsā€™ elements.
  • Added ā€˜Allā€™ channel selector to Sampler and Multisampler plugin series which is now the default value for channel selector.
  • Added missing audio preview for single-channel Sampler Plugin series.
  • Adding missing output balance knobs in Impulse Reverb Mono plugin.
  • Fixed improper behaviour of the bypass switch for Multiband Compressor, Expander and Dynamics Processor plugin series.
  • Fixed bug in the font manager which could yield memory corrption after complete font manager cleanup (reproducible when switching visual schemas).
  • Fixed memory leakage in the UI (not freed resources on UI close).
  • Fixed bug in ALR function for Limiter plugin series which could cause random audio scratches.
  • Fixed gain jumping bug in A/B tester plugin.
  • Serveral bugfixes in the core DSP modules provided by the lsp-dsp-units library.

Here are the videos that demonstrate new plugins:

19 Likes

First of all, thank you ! Your plugins are great so this is why I donā€™t use them :smiley:
There are two problems for me (but some friend think the same). First, too many variations: stereo/ms/mono/sidechain/this/thatā€¦please find a way to combine them (some of them at the leastā€¦) and add a switch.
The second problem is the GUI, too many controls and options that scare some users. There is a complexity that often itā€™s not needed.
Little example is the Parametric EQ, if you look to well known commercial software or open source alternative like eq10q, x42eq they all have a clean GUI and most of the time, they are powerful enough.
I think that this will help spreading lsp-plugins to more users and more users probably means more financial help too.

Anyway, thanks again and keep it up !

Daniele.

I kind of agree and kind of disagree.
I agree that these tools are not targeted at beginning mixing engineers but more at the very advanced pro level, but these guys will find everything they need.

So, Iā€™m wondering, what could help to get quicker up the learning curve?
A well crafted package of presets to cover common use cases, maybe?

ā€¦ and GUI is always a matter of taste, there are those minimalistic ones - like airwindows - and then those with a wonderful GUI doing almost nothing (seen that)

If those other plugins already provide what you require, why ask for more?

They were just as an example. Also I think that eq10q itā€™s not mantained anymore so it could break in the feature, x42eq lack mid/side.

I also find this and I hate to say itā€¦ SadKo obviously works incredibly hard on these and his attention to detail and his attention to User requests might be unrivalled but when I see the incredibly long list in Ardour and the numbers of knobs and options I kind of get overwhelmed and move to something simplerā€¦ The problem is simpler Plugins may or may not be better as far as the DSP goes and I would agree that if these Plugins were more basic in their initial presentation with all of the great options still available but hidden for those who want to dig deeper and know what the advanced options are then they might find better acceptance with new Users and maintain the advanced User base.

1 Like

When I was still using Windows, Melda productionā€™s plugins had Easy mode and Edit mode as options. It was a good thing and could also work in LSP plugins. These largely replace Meldaā€™s products in practice.

1 Like

If somebody is intimidated by complexity, then this is not the software they should be using. Appealing to the novice who canā€™t be bothered to do some reading is not the point here.

2 Likes

Two questions:

1. How can I tell what version of the LSP plugins Iā€™m using?
  2. What is the recommended way to update the LSP plugins?

I have downloaded the lsp-plugins-lv2-1.2.10-Linux-x86_64.tar.gz archive from Sourceforge. Is it as simple as extracting it to the folder lsp-plugins.lv2 in /usr/lib/lv2? What can I expect to happen to Ardour projects that use plugins the currently installed release? Can I go back to the current release of plugins that my project uses by simply recopying the lsp-plugins.lv2 folder from a backup?

Appreciate any advice. For my part I am really impressed and challenged by the complexity and feature-richness of these plugins!

AFAK

1. use the --version with any plugin name, eg:
    lsp-plugins-compressor-stereo --version
  2. use your distro package/packager if any or unpack/copy like you said in the right place (here /usr/lib/lv2 as you mentioned)
1 Like

The lsp-plugins.lv2 directory is self-contained. You can just replace one with another.

@Loki_Harfagr and @SadKo, many thanks to you both for your replies. I unpacked the archive and moved the lsp-plugins.lv2 directory to /usr/lib/lv2. The new versions showed up when I opened my Ardour project and everything seems normal. I am seeing the new GUIs for the first time, very nice.

@SadKo your work on these plugins is simply amazing.

One part of your reply @Loki_Harfagr isnā€™t clear to me: how can I call a plugin directly from the command line?

I am running Ubuntu Studio 22.04, KDE Plasma 5.24.7, NVidia proprietary. It seems the distro version of the LSP plugins is old (they have the old GUI for sure) but Iā€™m not sure of the exact version. I am using Ardour rev 6.9.0~ds0-1build1 (distro version I believe). I believe I am using ALSA back end.

@TonyBKDE Yup, youā€™re right I listed only the case youā€™d have had the standalone build and installed, in the LV2 plugin case itā€™s simpler, open any LSP-plugin GUI youā€™ve loaded and on the top right corner of the UI youā€™ll find a clickable ā€œABOUTā€ button.
If you canā€™t see it try to redimension the UI window or open [MENU] and modify language or size or zoom factors until you can find the full monty GUI.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.