LSP Plugins 1.1.22 released!

Set of changes:

• Implemented Multiband Gate plugin series.
  • Added sidechain low-pass and high-pass filters for Compressor plugin series.
  • Added sidechain low-pass and high-pass filters for Expander plugin series.
  • Added sidechain low-pass and high-pass filters for Gate plugin series.
  • Added sidechain low-pass and high-pass filters for Dynamic Processor plugin series.
  • Added sidechain low-pass and high-pass filters for Trigger plugin series.
  • Fixed VST2 identifiers for Multiband Expander plugin series.
  • Fixed graph issues related to dot editing.
  • Added spanish translation of the UI (contributed by Ignotus - ignotus666 at github.com).
  • Compressor, Expander, Gate and Dynamic Processor plugins now report latency for the lookahead knob.
  • Fixed mapping of some numpad keys that could cause problems when entering manual value in the UI.
  • VERSION build variable replaced with LSP_VERSION build variable (contributed by Bruno Vernay).
6 Likes

Implemented Multiband Gate plugin series.

Nice. Would be interesting to know what plugin types do you intend on adding to the LSP collection next?

The most recent plugins planned are:

Somewhere between them I plan to release 1.2.0 with code decomposition into modules and updated build process.

that’s cool, and also I hope that an algorithmic reverb is somewhere on your to-do list too :grin:

I’m fairly sure that you meant to say “Shimmer reverb” there. That’s OK, I understand, we all make mistakes sometimes. Shimmer reverb. Yes. It could be Massive.

2 Likes

One step at a time… First an algorithmic reverb, second an auto-leveler in the same vein as the “Jünger Audio Level Magic”, third a LUFS meter with one-click conforming to peak, momentary max, short-term max or program loudness, and then…drum-roll…a shimmer verb.

I’m not particularly knowledgeable in this area, but audio blogs say that reverbs that aren’t convolution, don’t use impulses and instead calculate reverb internally are called algorithmic :thinking: :sweat_smile:

What is this “Shimmer reverb?” How does that effect compare to playing with the spin and wander parameters in Dragonfly Reverb?

In short, a reverb with a pitch-shifter in the feedback loop.

“Create a feedback loop, incorporating a pitch shifter set to +1 octave, and a reverb with a fairly long decay time.” from https://valhalladsp.com/2010/05/11/enolanois-shimmer-sound-how-it-is-made/

This tutorial shows how to make something like that. The pitch shift is at the beginning of the effects chain, not in the feedback loop. I thought that was what you meant at first, but if an octave shift was in the feedback of a delay it would shift out of audibility in just a couple of loops through the delay wouldn’t it? In any case this particular flavor puts the pitch shift first, then

pitch shift->reverb->delay->EQ
Doesn’t seem too difficult to build up in that form.

That doesn’t have the feedback loop to the reverb.

The idea is that you keep sending a progressively more pitch shifted signal through the reverb.

You can fake similar results without the feedback loop (one trick I’ve seen done with Live is two reverbs stacked on either side of the pitch shift/delay units) , but it’s not actually the same thing.

I keep thinking that I should add a shimmer algorithm to Dragonfly Reverb. From what I can tell it doesn’t seem too hard to do… but… aren’t we getting off topic here? This thread is about the LSP Plugins release.

2 Likes

And great they are, indeed!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that you cannot build this with separate digital effects running at a large block-size. You even run into unwanted side-effects if you do a feedback loop with 1 cycle delay in a modular, apart from that, digital pitch-shifters usually introduce latency.

I also expect you need a rather high quality pitch-shifter, too. Perhaps LSP can provide that one day.

A post was split to a new topic: Dragonfly Reverb UI

FYI I moved a post in this thread about the Dragonfly reverb to it’s own topic to keep the thread focused a bit more on the LSP plugins.

Seablade

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.