Lots of error installing 6.2 on Fedora 32 (dconf, X11, D-Bus ...)

Not sure if it is important or not.
Also I would have expected some confirmation before installing to /opt.

Jack Version Check OK (jackdmp version 1.9.14 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 8)

/usr/share/Modules/init/zsh: line 22: ${=MODULES_RUN_QUARANTINE:-}: bad substitution
/usr/share/Modules/init/zsh: line 29: ${=_mlre:-}/usr/bin/tclsh: bad substitution

(process:27307): dconf-WARNING **: 22:21:16.867: failed to commit changes to dconf: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
sed: can't read /usr/share/Modules/init/.modulespath: No such file or directory

System failed the quick sanity check... Looking for the cause
/usr/share/Modules/init/zsh: line 22: ${=MODULES_RUN_QUARANTINE:-}: bad substitution
/usr/share/Modules/init/zsh: line 29: ${=_mlre:-}/usr/bin/tclsh: bad substitution

(process:27358): dconf-WARNING **: 22:21:17.064: failed to commit changes to dconf: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY

(process:27412): dconf-WARNING **: 22:21:17.196: failed to commit changes to dconf: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY

!!! WARNING !!! - Your system seems to use frequency scaling.
This can have a serious impact on audio latency.
For best results turn it off, e.g. by choosing the 'performance' governor.

Press ENTER to continue:

(process:27565): dconf-WARNING **: 22:22:55.322: failed to commit changes to dconf: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY

Cleaning up

!!! Install Complete !!!

Should I fill a bug somewhere?

Note that Ardour 6.2 is working fine so far, despite the bumpy install

Regards

Although I am a huge fan and permanent user of zsh, this problem is caused by a difference between bash and zsh.

The install script needs to be run by bash, not zsh.

Good to know
I hope that everything got installed despite the error.
So far it seems to be ok.
Also, the script could be aborting earlier, once it detects that bash is not used. (Not the highest priority anyway)
Regards

FWIW, I saw that Ardour 6 is in the Fedora rawhide repository so I expect F33 will ship it in the core repo :slight_smile:
Not before October though …

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.