Lot of MIDI tracks

Hi,
I work with rosegarden-qsynth-ardour but I hate rosegarden and honestly I would like to not use jack anymore (so Qsynth).
I know how to load and play a MIDI in Ardour4.4 - but I work with 15-20 traks (separates trucks for drums, plus bass, piano…), they are too much ardour starts freezing after 8-10 tracks!
Is there any way to load a SF2 player (Calf Fluidsynth) ones, and set all MIDI tracks there?
I tried with a bus but I can’t load that plugin there.

Thank you so much.

Ardour Midi tracks and Calf Fluidsysth plugin support up to 16 midi channels in one track. You can put all your parts in one track in different midi channels. I don’t have a lot of experience with this so I’m not sure how easy it is to edit multiple channels on one track since I’m not sure how to you can tell the channels apart, except by hovering over a note to see what channel it is. One issue with Calf Fluidsynth is that it reads the entire SF2 into memory so that if you are using a large SF2 file on many tracks you may use up all your RAM which may be the source of the freezing you see. A workaround for this if you are using an SF2 with multiple instruments in it is to edit the SF2 fie with Swami and extract the instruments you are using to individual SF2 files and load these which will use much less memory.

Thanks, it explains a lot, but unfortunately I can’t joint the tracks because I also need to use different reverbes on different parts of the drums. Maybe editing the sf2 can be a good solution, but I think it should be like rosegarden and I was wondering if there is a way to do that.

It would help if you could be more specific when you say “ardour starts freezing after …”