Little problem with the timeline

Hello everyone

This is my first visit here, and I want to state my appreciation and gratitude to the developers of such a great piece of software, that I have been using successfully on my Linux workstation.

Now, on to the problem: I have a session with quite a few tracks and buses, and an “eventful” tempo map. At a certain point I dragged the session start marker before the zero, like in the figure.

timeline

As you can see, the “zero” time does not match anymore the start of the first musical measure. I have moved the “inizio” (italian for “start”) marker back to the measure 1 position, but the time remains misaligned, and this is a problem when syncing (through JACK) an open instance of Xjadeo on another computer connected to the same LAN, since the video starts now at 00:00:02:17, which is exactly the point where the first measure currently starts.

How can I revert this condition? I could not find a way to align the start of measure 1 to the “zero”, and the manual seems not to help. Maybe I hit a corner case?

Thanks for any answer or pointer to the documentation.

ciao
Francesco Napoleoni

You can drag the measure marker here “4/4” to align music-time with timecode.

Another option is to use Ardour’s video-timeline. That allows you to set a video-offset by dragging the video on the timeline. The offset is specified in units of timecode frames, not music-time. but you should be able to align it sufficiently close.

Okay, this solution worked immediately for me. Many thanks, mr. Robin!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.