LinVST vs carla vs yabrige

I want to include Windows VST plugins in Ardour.

Now I have researched and found three possibilities: - LinVST - carla - yabrige.

Does anyone have any experience? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the three options?

I have never tried to use Windows VSTs on Linux, but I have seen yabridge recommended on this forum more often than the other two. It is actively maintained and offers a good instruction set on its GitHub page:

1 Like

Okay, danke Dir! Den Eindruck habe ich auch.

I use yabridge and the only problems I have is with ilok working with some distros and not others, but like most people, I try to avoid ilok. For example, ilok’s app works on Manjaro for me but not Nobara.
for things that fight me, I use audiogridder networked with an old imac to serve the plugin from the mac, for example tc electronic’s DVR250 with it’s dedicated usb controller works on the mac and the audiogridder deal shows up on the linux rig. Oh also for whatever reason Izotope’s drm can’t hang with linux either, so those too wind up served from the mac for me.

Oh another minor current bother is with version 7.3 of Ardour and 8.2.170 of Mixbus32, the Analog Obsession plugins cause a hang when I select oversampling in the plugin. This so far only happens in those mentioned DAW versions. 7.2 Ardour and 8.2.66 MB are fine

Okay, gut zu wissen. Dann warte ich noch mit dem Upgrade von 7.2 auf 7.3.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.