linuxDSP Plugins - Price Reductions

The linuxDSP FC70 Fairchild Limiter and PEQ-2A Pultec EQ are now at reduced price, making them very cost effective, yet still demonstrating our commitment to the products.
As always, free demos (and support) are available at:

http://www.linuxdsp.co.uk

• and included with various high quality linux audio distributions.

Ardour3, LV2 and linuxVST compatible, providing console grade processing without being limited to Ardour2

@seablade: We are trying to pull all that together in some fashion although I can’t say yet how (or if) it will eventually work out. There is a significant amount of work involved in maintaining cross-platform plugins, because, while it might appear to the user as the same plugin, a lot of the code base is so different (most - as always - the GUI… the DSP is functionally identical) as to make them effectively seperate products. This exponentially increases the developer time required just for maintenance.

@linuxdsp

Any chance there has been progress on making these cross platform compatible with your Overtone DSP stuff, so that if I open up a PEQ in an Ardour session on Mac, it will be compatible with the PEQ on Linux?

Seablade

@linuxdsp

Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand. Just keeping an eye out for myself and my work as I use both Linux and Mac there.

Seablade

@seablade: I’ll post news if / when I have it - I’m actually working on some updates for the Mac VST versions at the moment - 32Bit GUI issues in some hosts… The joys of having to connect objC, C, C++, cocoa and Carbon frameworks together in some kind of stable fashion… If anyone out there is thinking it would be a really great idea to invent another language to add to the mix of things which already do 99% of what most developers need, then don’t… just don’t :slight_smile:

Oh I am sure they are working on another;)

Seablade