Linux Sampler in Ardour

I work with Ardor on Linux with WINE and yabridge.

I need a simple sample player for Ardor.
Unfortunately I can’t install the contact player because somehow native access can’t be installed.

Now I’ve become aware of the Linux Samler project, but I’m hesitant because of the complicated installation.

Is there an alternative?

Does Linux Sampler necessarily need Jack to be able to use it in ardour?

Does anyone know a good installation guide for Linux Sampler?

I would suggest sfizz for a kontact replacment.

https://sfz.tools/sfizz/

Ther are several free soundfont2 instruments available. Linux Sampler has not been updated in over a decade.

Ther is also a samplers in the Linux Studio Project plug ins. Scroll down to samplers in the link below to view details.

https://lsp-plug.in/?page=plugins

1 Like

Actually I am looking for Uilleann Pipes Plugin Instrument.

Suggestion:

I tried to install fluidsynth, but:

sudo apt-get install fluidsynth
E: Missgestaltete Zeile 1 in Quellliste /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:sfztools:sfizz.list (Typ)
E: Die Liste der Quellen konnte nicht gelesen werden.
E: Missgestaltete Zeile 1 in Quellliste /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:sfztools:sfizz.list (Typ)
E: Die Liste der Quellen konnte nicht gelesen werden.

Do I need Jack?

If you need JACK then apt-get will install it for you when you install fluidsynth.

The errors you get is because you apparently have a file called home:sfztools:sfizz.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and apt can’t read or understand it.

Run

sudo mv "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:sfztools:sfizz.list"  /tmp 
sudo apt update
sudo apt install fluidsynth

and see if that works better

1 Like

I use Redux as Sample and sample all what i want. It works great.

1 Like

Sample library players (like sfizz and kontakt and decent sampler) are quite different than samplers even though they share a common heritage.

2 Likes

I don’t think it is related to Jack. The install script seems to be corrupt. Maybe try to get fluidsynth from an alternative source? Add another apt repo or try manually downloading and placing the files (can not assist you with that as my computer will be out of reach for a while, but I hope to point in the right direction anyway ).

Okay, it works.

But:
The issue has been resolved for me. I bought an Apple M1 Macmini at an affordable price. The contact player then runs without any problems.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.