Linux Distro for Ardour Developers

Just out of curiosity…

Which Linux distro, if any, is preferred by Ardour developers?

Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this question.

I have only had luck using Ardour with AV Linux. It has been the ONLY distro that has worked almost flawlessly with every Linux Audio - Video program I like.

And this is just a IMHO, YMMV, yada yada type of post!!

I’d expect developers to know enough about the arcane secrets of setting up Linux to run Jack+Ardour nicely (interrupts, permissions, kernel config, what to avoid (hello Pulse Audio…)) that they’ll be able to get Ardour working on any distribution.

I’ll second the vote for AV Linux from personal experience, but any distribution that is put together specifically for audio work should perform well as installed. From what I’ve read around here, that certainly applies to Dream Studio, but possibly not to recent versions of Ubuntu Studio.

I’ve also recommended AV Linux to a friend who had struggled to get Ardour working on other distributions, and it worked well for him.

Almost every developer to date has used a different distribution, so any answer would be meaningless. It has covered Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, Arch, Debian, Slackware… you name it. There is no preference.