Linux & Ardour version for EQ10Q V2.1

jrigg: Could be. When using the downloaded binary from ardour.org and using the script sapista posted from his google/drive it works but not when building from source with Gentoo.

@dsreyes1014: What does sord_validate say about the version which doesn’t load?

@jrigg: Not familiar with sord_validate. Would it be something like $ sord_validate eq10q?

Here’s the output of $ sord_validate /usr/lib/lv2/…/eq6m.ttl: http://pastebin.com/q6McZjGi

@dsreyes1014: I’ve tested eq10q rc2.2 in ardour 5.4 using lilv 0.24 under last debian testing. I think that this setup is pretty similar than yours and should be able to reproduce your issue. For me, it is working fine.
According to your posts: Are you building eq10q from source? if so, which version 2.1? or last SVN?, I’m asking because 2.2 is not published yet. In fact there are some mistakes in ttl files of 2.1 version which are corrected in 2.2 release candidate (apologies for those errors). I suspect that you are building eq10q from 2.1 because of the error reported by your sord_validate has been fixed in rc2.2. Please, can you try my binary package (eq10q_rc2.2_installer.run) or the last head version of eq10q’s SVN on your gentoo packaged ardour? Keep in mind to delete every previous eq10q installation file before each new eq10q installation (to avoid a possible conflict with some path not properly updated). Let me know any progress on that.

@sapista: Is that the same binary that you posted from google drive?

@sapista: The installer script does work with the new Ardour-5.5 build on Gentoo. Thanks for this.

@dsreyes1014: Glad to hear that. So the issue is only related with 2.1 version of EQ10Q. I think I’m going to release version 2.2 in a few days because the installer scrips seams to be working for many people.

I would like to thank all people that has spent some time testing rc2.2 version. Your feedback is much appreciated.

this still works here in 2019! I instead did things slightly different by extracting the run-installer with --target and copying the appropriate plugin into ~/.lv2

I wasn’t sure what was wrong in debian’s 10 packaged eq10q as the full plugin interface was not loading… but the extracted one from eq10q_2.2_installer.run fixed it.

The compiling fails with pow10 functions – this is deprecated with pow(base,exp), – even after compilation works, the runtime does not reveal the full interface, … so the fix for me is to go with the pre-compiled bundle from eq10q_2.2_installer.run…

Hello!
I have installed Ardour 7.1, downloaded from the Ardour website.

I have tried to install eq10q 2.2 with the installer, downloaded from the relevant sourceforge page.

The installer fails to install (there is nothing in the folder /usr/local/lib/lv2, and Ardour can’t find it)

So I have tried to compile the source, and I get an error about a pow10() function.

I have tried to replace the said function with exp10() (which I read should be its replacement) and this time I am able to “make install”.

Ardour can find the plugin, but can not open the gui, and I get the following error:

suil error: Unable to open UI library /usr/local/lib/lv2/sapistaEQv2.lv2/gui/eq10q_gui.so (/usr/local/lib/lv2/sapistaEQv2.lv2/gui/eq10q_gui.so: undefined symbol: _ZN4sigc11signal_base7connectEONS_9slot_baseE)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

What Linux distribution are you using? I just installed the eq10q binary from the developer’s sourceforge page, and it installed correctly. I did this on a Ubuntu 22.04 derivative (Linux Lite 6.2).

1 Like

Thank you for the reply!

I am using Linux Mint 20.3, which is based on Ubuntu 20.04.

The gcc version is 9.4.0.

In the meanwhile, I solved the problem!
My mistake with the eq10q 2.2 installer was that I was running it as “simple user”.

Once I ran it as superuser I managed to install it, and now I am able to open it from Ardour 7.1.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I’m glad you got it working. I enabled executable permission via Thunar (Linux Lite’s file manager) rather than the command line, so I skipped typing ‘chmod +x eq10q_2.2_installer.run’ in a terminal. I tried running the executable by double-clicking it from Thunar, but the installer program that pops up wants a root password, and my distro only has a user account with sudo permissions setup. Opening a terminal in the folder where the binary was stored, I inserted ‘sudo’ before ‘./eq10q_2.2_installer.run’, and it worked fine from there. It sounds like you figured this out, but I am just giving a few more details in case someone stumbles across this thread in the future.

1 Like

Yes, I followed the same procedure: I ticked the permission to execute, in the “preferences” window of the installer file, in the Linux gui, then I put sudo before the full path to the installer file.

:slight_smile:

I tried to compile on ubuntu 20.04, with selfcompiled ardour 7.2.

I get a strange error-message :slight_smile:

bandctl.cpp:952:12: error: ‘pow10’ was not declared in this scope

I tried with
#include `
in bandctl.h
Didn’t work, any suggestions ?

Best regards
Harry

Ups, I meant :
#include <math.h>

I’m certainly no expert and not even much of a c/c++ coder, but for what it’s worth I googled eq10q, and the second link was to a “soft fork” on github where the most recent change was "Replaced pow10() with exp10() to allow for compilation against recent kernels". Might give you some ideas. https://github.com/miland3r/eq10q

Laughing … I googled for pow10 and replaced pow10 by pow(10,x) :slight_smile:

A notice from 2019 about recent kernels. Those kernels now are ancient,
strange, this wasn’t fixed meanwhile by a little #define pow10(x) pow(10,x)

Best regards
Harry

Any updates on eq10q v2.3 or something else??

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.