libpango1.0-dev: Depends: libpango1.0-0 (= 1.18.3-0ubuntu1) but 1.19.1-1ubuntu1 is installed.

Hi, I’m using xubuntu 7.10 and I’m trying to build from source.
The problem is I cannot install one of the deps, namely libgnomecanvas2-dev

dieter@dieter-mbp:~/workspace/ardour2.0-ongoing$ sudo aptitude install libgnomecanvas2-dev ( ... ) The following packages are BROKEN: libpango1.0-dev The following NEW packages will be automatically installed: libart-2.0-dev libgail-dev libgtk2.0-dev The following NEW packages will be installed: libart-2.0-dev libgail-dev libgnomecanvas2-dev libgtk2.0-dev 0 packages upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 3672kB/3760kB of archives. After unpacking 15.3MB will be used. The following packages have unmet dependencies: libpango1.0-dev: Depends: libpango1.0-0 (= 1.18.3-0ubuntu1) but 1.19.1-1ubuntu1 is installed.

It proposes some ways to ‘solve’ this issue, but none is feasible because they involve removing/downgrading packages.

I tried some tricks such as downloading the deb and:

sudo dpkg --ignore-depends=libpango1.0-dev -i libpango1.0-dev_1.18.3-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb

which seems to work: i seem to be able to install libgnomecanvas2-dev and libpango1.0-dev like this, however scons keeps complaining that it can’t find libgnomecanvas-2.0

Is there a nice solution for this?

For now I’ve taken the easy way out… doing what apt proposed ( downgrading libpango and removing some packages ) Not the neatest but at least I got ardour 2.2 running.

now if anyone has an idea how to do it without downgrading, that would be nice