Latency issue using Boss RC 300

Hi everyone,

first thaks a lot for makig all this possible, open source and help create more beauty in the world !!

I run Ardour 5 on windows 7 ultimate, with 4Go RAM and 2,3GHz processor
I am just starting, I use a boss RC-300 to record,and there is a very annoying latency while recording that I don’t manage to get rid of, so I can’t really do anything with it so far
I don’t know if it is a normal thing, a setting I didn’t find or a problem of equipment

I really thanks anyone with a clue using this confinement time to help a humble musician

cheers all, take care

Can you describe a bit more what you are doing and what you are hearing? And also how you are using the RC-300?

Finally can you check in the Audio Setup Dialog and post a screenshot or describe what your settings are for Samples/Periods/Buffers ?

Seablade

thanks for picking the topic

I use the RC-300 plugged USB to the computer, and use it as input and output device for arbour, I usually use it as a looper alone and I want to record track by track

but when I play, there is around a quarter of second latency between playing and being recorded in ardour, so it can’t be on time with the other tracks and is quite frustrating

Prefer to use “Driver: ASIO” if you need reliable low latency.

The Windows MME support is mainly provided for convenience when mixing on the road. It can not reliably provide reliable i/o latency. Also other apps that can concurrently use the soundcard may change settings behind Ardour’s back. This cannot happen with ASIO.

yes thanks, it made it crash but you answered someone with the same issue and the “Buffered I/O” solved it

there is sill a very short latency but it’s usable

thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.