JACK doesn't show up as an option

There is only ALSA,Pulseaudio and dummy.
I run Jack with qjackctl, I am on linux mint
thanks in advance.

I don’t know about Mint, but Fedora ships separate backend driver packages for ALSA, Pulse, JACK, and dummy. Perhaps there is a separate JACK backend package you need to install, or perhaps Mint did not compile in the JACK support in their build. I assume you are using the Mint provided build and not the binary from ardour.org?

Hi,

Are you running JACK with Qjackctl to use Ardour for a special reason…? Ie syncing Ardour with Hydrogen or Guitarix or something…? If it’s just out of old habit and you aren’t running other JACK-aware applications then you might find Ardour works VERY well direct to ALSA with no need for ANY other Audio server to get involved at all…

A lot of people are still under the impression Ardour ‘needs’ JACK to work correctly and it certainly doesn’t any more if you are using it by itself…

@GMaq
Good to see your voice again.
Steve[quote=“Glen MacArthur, post:3, topic:107499, full:true, username:GMaq”]
Hi,

Are you running JACK with Qjackctl to use Ardour for a special reason…? Ie syncing Ardour with Hydrogen or Guitarix or something…? If it’s just out of old habit and you aren’t running other JACK-aware applications then you might find Ardour works VERY well direct to ALSA with no need for ANY other Audio server to get involved at all…

A lot of people are still under the impression Ardour ‘needs’ JACK to work correctly and it certainly doesn’t any more if you are using it by itself…
[/quote]

If you are saying that jack isn’t showing up in Ardour?
It has to be running when Ardour is started.
Do you have all the bridges installed?
Check out avlinux manual for proper setup

If jackd is not running, you can still select JACK backend from the audio engine setup dialog, and Ardour will start jackd for you. If jackd is already running when Ardour is started then the audio engine will default to JACK.

You are right. So…is jackd2 installed?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.