Jack doesn't output audio

Hi
I’m having problems getting ardour (or any jack software for that matter) to output to the audio interface. I’m running manjaro linux with kernel 52, on a macbook pro 13" from early 2015. The connections for “system” appear in the Qjackctl graph as shown, but there is no sound output no matter how i connect them.

(It’s running radium in this scrot but the same thing happens with ardour and zynaddsubfx)
My log looks like this, there’s no error that seems out of place to me?
> 19:27:11.472 Statistics reset.
> 19:27:11.475 ALSA connection change.
> connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
> attempt to connect to server failed
> 19:27:11.587 ALSA connection graph change.
> 19:27:19.314 JACK is starting…
> 19:27:19.318 /usr/bin/pasuspender – jackd -dalsa -r44100 -p256 -n2 -Xseq -D -Chw:PCH -Phw:PCH
> connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
> attempt to connect to server failed
> 19:27:19.329 JACK was started with PID=16891.
> jackd 0.125.0
> Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O’Quinn, Torben Hohn and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> could not open driver .so ‘/usr/lib/jack/jack_firewire.so’: libffado.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> loading driver …
> apparent rate = 44100
> creating alsa driver … hw:PCH|hw:PCH|256|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> configuring for 44100Hz, period = 256 frames (5.8 ms), buffer = 2 periods
> ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
> ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian
> ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
> creating alsa_midi driver …
I’ve tried using the intel PCH, as well as the Cirrus C4208 DAC, but both have the same issue, and I’ve also disabled pulseaudio on startup.Is there a config file to configure jack system outputs or something? Some guidance would be appreciated.

Please use IRC (http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ardour) … solving stuff like this on web forums is painful and slow (painfully slow).

Shot in the dark: alsamixer should show if the sound device has it’s levels turned up and is not muted. I think I would route the outputs to all four outputs as well… just for testing. But ya IRC is easier.