It took me 12 years, 33 tracks, 7 instruments, 2 iPhones and 1 car to record these 2 minutes... with Ardour!

Hi evenyone!

Decided to share my latest (and the only :slight_smile:) work with you, folks. It has been done entirely in Ardour 5: the only software that has been used (not talking about video here). The final version of the song (which I’m posting a link to) contains 33 tracks.

I wrote this song 12 years ago (sorry for the lyrics btw) but never had had the opportunity to record it, until recent times. Partially because there was no much available software for doing home recordings for Linux. Kudos to Ardour team that unlocked this possibility for people like me :slight_smile: :+1:

Hope you will enjoy it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgerciuprIw

Thank you.

2 Likes

Great song and great work, I really liked it :slight_smile: Nice harmonies, nice mix. Your vocal performance reminds me of Jon Anderson from Yes (which I like a lot). I hope your next song won’t take 12 years to make :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes indeed.
Next album 2030 perhaps?
Really good.

1 Like

Don’t rush the artist!

:smile:

Seablade
3 Likes

I can’t decide what I love the most about this, but it might just be that your alias is “stillwaiting” :joy:

Also you give me hope that eventually I can adequately capture at least some of the music that I have in my head waiting to be recorded.

1 Like

I thought it was really cool. Like all the video you did for all the parts. Yeah, don’t take 12 years to do the next one. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you, folks. Your positive feedback is very important to me. :rofl::joy: And I’ll try to be quicker next time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a throwback :smiley:! Loved it! Maybe aim for 11 years next time :+1:

1 Like