Issues with Ardour-6.x

hi all,
I’m on Archlinux, RT-Kernel, KDE, Jack2, all on latest update.
(hardware: Thinkpad T520, i7-2820qm, 16GB, Focusrite Saffire Pro10 with FFADO)

Since update to Ardour-6.x my workflow suffers a bit.

In 6.3 I have to fight against timeline adjustments of recorded audiotracks, similar to what is described in bugtracker 0008472.
Furthermore, doing some editing within stereotracks causes sudden misallignment between left and right waveform (might be only optical but irritates and stops workflow),
I need to close and reopen project to continue the work.

Version 6.5 refuses to fit (means: exceeds) to my laptop available screenspace
(1920x1080 + Gkrellm set as panel), pressing twice the “fit” button (don’t know the correct name) in the right upper corner of the KDE-window solves the issue but Ardour does not remember the adjustment.

(a decrease of gui-scaling is no option - I still love to be able to read the text without magnificationglass)

furthermore the lv2-guis die when moved to a neighbour virtual workspace

• an issue that is new in 6.5… *)

2 days later:
doing some reading here in the forum teached me, that probably KDE might not be completely innocent, at least regarding the optical part of my issues.

In a first attempt I tried to use FLUXBOX (which I already used long time ago on weaker machines) and experienced lv2-guis *) now being stable, whilst the nonworking screenfitting remains the same.

I will next try to gain some more experience under Fluxbox and report any outcome (if desired)…
Any experiences on this are very welcome :slight_smile:

best
suse

I’ve done a test in A-6.5 unter fluxbox:
in a stereotrack I cut a part out and moved it a very small amount to the left, as if I would try to adjust a timing issue… then I recombined the tracks.
after doing so I zoomed into the track using the zoom-in button… the following 5 pics illustrate, what happens to the waveform on each zoom-step:

the screwed up waveforms survive a restart… as said, it’s just optical, the audiosignal is not damaged

No pictures attached.

I know… tried to remove the post, didn’t work… will come back later trying to fix

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.